Category Sourcing Director External Workforce Management
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Transform the global Cost Category strategies into a Sourcing Strategy on a global and/or regional level to deliver sustainable value and competitive differentiation for Philips. We are redefining the way we handle indirect procurement, and we would like you to be part of it and lead our efforts through.
You are responsible for
The strategic sourcing for the HR External Workforce Management category within the Commercial organization based in EMEA. You will lead the category sourcing and manage the relationship with suppliers and key strategic partner(s). You will be accountable for the end-to-end performance of the spend, contracts and suppliers in scope.
You will contribute to a high-performance team culture to adopt innovation and encourage others through your behavior: being open, courageous, inclusive and committed to the Philips business values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define and implement the HR External Workforce Management category sourcing and suppliers’ strategies for the allocated spend in line with the cost category strategies
- Manage sourcing activities using advanced sourcing levers (RFI/RFPs, demand management, supplier relationship management, supplier workshops, total cost of ownership analyses etc.) as part of a multi-year sourcing pipeline plan to drive total value, including cost/productivity savings and supplier innovation
- Manage the global suppliers’ relationships, performance and contracting based on clear targets and ongoing business review meetings with key suppliers
- Define and deliver a strong savings funnel approach of Procurement (Price) and Demand (Quantity) initiatives and manage the program manage the execution of the Q-Funnel in alignment with Philips Business, Markets, and / or Functions
- Plan and execute supply base optimization actions including negotiation roadmaps with suppliers by applying corresponding strategies and best practices (i.e. game theory, e-Sourcing)
- Enable the execution of supplier diversity and inclusion programs in markets and implement leading sourcing practices for environmental sustainability and supplier code of conduct
- Conduct analysis of qualitative and quantitative characteristics, including suppliers’ capabilities, operational objectives, risk profile and financial positioning
- Drive corporate compliance to the preferred-supplier program via end-user change management and communications programs
- Work closely with the MSP Procurement Operations teams to manage day-to-day operational support for select programs to ensure high levels of end user satisfaction
- Work closely with MSP and technology partners team and business unit/function stakeholders to deliver against the long-term vision and near-term strategy after developing and communicating the strategy with senior leadership in functional area.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key functional and stakeholders; work with those stakeholders to deliver project activities with a focus on continuous improvement
- Drive change and behavior through influence of leadership and other stakeholders
- Lead category reporting in the areas of spend, savings, supplier performance metrics
- Serve as liaison to Finance, Account Payable, Legal, HR, Business Units, Markets and Functions and other groups to ensure internal reporting meets the needs of the stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of Sourcing Playbooks to guide supplier management
You are a part of
The Spend Management organization within the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC). Spend Management covers the procurement activities of all indirect (non-product related) materials and services within Philips covering such areas as marketing, IT, facility management and travel, etc.
As we spend approximately €5 billion annually on indirect services and products, this organization plays a key role to achieve Philips’ KPIs. A Spend Management transformation has been started recently to ensure that Philips gets the most value out of every euro spent. You have an opportunity to join a dynamic and multi-functional team, seeking to create a significant impact on our company.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Master’s degree in business administration, Economics or equivalent
- 12+ years’ experience in category sourcing for HR External Workforce Management Services (including all related staffing services)
- Specific expertise in External Workforce Management, including the design, build and management of a Vendor Management System (VMS) and Statement of Work (SOW) services outsourcing with deep understanding of market offerings and trends
- Proven functional and thought leadership of the HR External Workforce Management category, with ability to manage spend, globally (€500M+) with key suppliers and lead global or regional projects and teams in a cross functional and matrix model
- Knowledge of labor laws relating to contingent workers across temporary labor and freelancers
- Practitioner in designing new sourcing models, and negotiating complex deals (€20M+)
- Expert level in contract management and disputes / escalation resolution at CxO level
- Ability to deliver opportunities / business cases with plans to optimize spend and TCO
- Ability to develop a 360° supplier strategy, account management plan and roadmap
- Proven supplier relationship mgmt. skills with the ability to implement and lead supplier performance and governance
- Entrepreneurial with ability to take independent decisions while de-risking the business
- Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to influence sr. stakeholders
- Flexible mindset with strong work ethics and collaboration mindset in global teams
- Understanding of Source-2-Contract and P2P processes and contract management
- Knowledge of procurement tools and analytical methodologies including Ariba, Ariba Guided Buying and Fieldglass
In return, we offer you
A challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive package
- 25 Holidays per calendar year
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Long-term incentives grant and opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questionsMeer informatie