Global Category Lead Procurement – Contingent Workforce & Travel
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Heinz, Kraft, Bull’s-Eye, HP, Lea and Perrins, Quero, ABC, Master, Banquete, Plasmon, Orlando, Benedicta, Honig, Pudliszki, Wattie’s among others.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Title: Global Category Lead
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Categories: Contingent Work Force & Travel
Function: Responsibilities and Main Activities
- Key competency expectations for the role are the ability to deeply understand and utilize procurement processes, tools, and systems, execute & oversee lifecycle management process, be a proven expert in category planning, development & execution, as well as ability to achieve tangible results in competitive and non-competitive supplier negotiations both directly and as a coach to others;
- Development and implementation of market-oriented multi-year global category sourcing and supplier management strategies based on market data, industry best practices and business requirements to achieve competitive advantage through highest total value, most efficient cost and consistent improvements with the direction set by the business;
- Development of negotiation plan applying expert level and tools and either conducting contract negotiations or ensuring Zonal/Local executor is following prepared negotiation strategy/script;
- Lead Global Strategic Sourcing Events;
- Leading supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management, including score carding, supplier relationship business reviews and sensitive supplier lists (Experience with companies such as Tapfin, Randstad, Kelly Services, Robert Half, is a plus);
- Regularly consult with and provide information to internal stakeholders regarding market dynamics, supply risks, technology, innovation, regulatory changes and economic or geo-political shifts which could impact operation, both short and long-term;
- Facilitate cross-functional cooperation amongst internal stakeholders in order to accomplish day-to-day tasks as well as key strategic projects;
- Develop and scope supplier partnerships to identify and develop ongoing total cost reductions, potential new projects, and strategic supply agreements;
- Build budget accordingly and provide insights for long term strategy;
- Manage every month reporting and running detailed analysis on budget prices, real prices, volumes, contract coverage
- Manage category financial planning and ZBB package owner relationship building
- Interact/Communicate closely with the Local Procurement Leads, Stakeholders and other Cross Functional Senior Leaders in the organization to ensure high customer level satisfaction and build influence;
- Executes highly complex contracts in accordance with policies and processes; ability to apply competency across categories;
- Support major supplier issues and work with stakeholders to identify and drive resolution;
- Identify and evaluate potential value generating projects based on complexity, resources, risk, time to implement, and estimated financial impact;
- Experience leading multi-cultural team with direct/indirect reporting lines;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Business, Economics, or other relevant subjects
- Strong experience managing different stakeholders on all levels of seniority
- 8-10 years’ work experience in international Strategic Procurement / Sourcing, Indirect, and/or Value Engineering experience is preferred;
- Experience working across international timelines and communities;
- Knowledge: Advanced user of MS Office, MS Excel in particular
- Familiarity with eProcurement Source-to-Pay tools desirable (e.g. Ariba & Workday a plus), Experience in Supplier Performance & Risk Management tools desirable
- Professional fluency in English is a must; other languages are a plus
- High results-orientation and ability to perform in a fast-paced environment
- We are a very data driven company. You know how to translate complex data into a simple solution with your analytical mindset.
- Ability to Simplify
- Strong entrepreneurial, project management and financial skills (data and specifications analysis)
- Effective communication, negotiation, influential
- Strong strategic/ business orientation with customer focus and the ability to anticipate and deliver change
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Leadership & Management experience
- Must have experience in developing long-term business strategies. Specifically, establishing strategic direction based on insights into both external market indices, global supply chain and the organization’s overall capabilities. Recognized as an established expert in respective field. Develops strategy that aligns function with organizational goals and generates results that will have a positive impact on the function/business unit. Must have extensive experience in the sourcing life cycle process and have a strong grasp of the tools needed to complete the process.
- Strong negotiating skills; ability to multi-task, attention to detail, organized; exemplary customer service skills; judgment to handle confidential information and challenging business situations; ability to lead and influence others; project management, problem solving, leadership and team building skills.